Triad of Health

Triad of Health

Patient care at Cofrancesco Chiropractic & Healing Arts is directed by the Triad of Health – the physical/structural, chemical, and emotional/mental aspects of your health.


The foundation of our practice focuses on the Structural/Biomechanical aspect of the human body. The foundation of your body is based upon its structure – your skeleton. Much like the electrical wiring in your home needs to be free from interference, so does your nervous system, which is responsible for all biochemical actions throughout your body.

Chiropractic care is essential for keeping your structure in balance, your joints freely moving and your nerve system functioning without interference. Did you know that only 10% of a nerve is responsible for pain? That’s right, the other 90% of the nerve can be compromised before you feel any pain at all. The 90% that is not responsible for pain, is responsible for all biochemical processes like digestion and elimination, reproduction, endocrine system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, brain function and muscular function just to name a few.

We also provide Massage Therapy either on its own or as an adjunct to Chiropractic prescribed specifically to facilitate changes in your structure and bio mechanics.


The foods we eat, what and how much we drink, the air we breathe, and the supplements we take or don’t take are all examples of the Chemical aspect of our health. Did you know that if you are not eating a diet rich in Magnesium, for example, your muscles will be tired and achy, and they will not recover from exercise well? This can then affect your joints, and therefore your structure. Lack of magnesium also inhibits calcium from being properly utilized in your bones. Lack of magnesium can also cause symptoms of anxiety, tension, and an inability to concentrate, thereby affecting the Mental/Emotional aspect of the triad.

We can help with diet and supplement suggestions and referrals to Naturopaths.


Are you stressed? Are you tired? Do you dislike your job? Do you have Teenagers, marital difficulties, past abuse issues, unresolved grief? Do you have a hard time letting things go or adopting a “live and let live” philosophy? Do you have chronic pain or depression?

These are examples of the Mental/Emotional side of the Triad. In our office, we focus on the Mental/Emotional with every patient. We love to laugh, and you will hear much laughter in our office!

Massage is a very healthy form of touch. Reiki, which is a purely energetic, vibrational approach, has a very profound impact on the Mental/Emotional realm.

In Summary

As you can see, each side of the Triad profoundly impacts the other side. There is no “one size fits all” approach to healing. Each person that walks through our doors brings with them a unique history encompassing all three sides of the Triad. Each person’s response is unique. We have learned that healing is not linear and we are always touched by our patients’ transformation.