Welcome to the World of Wellness

You owe it to yourself, your family and your friends to read and explore this website. Until now, you may have thought that all chiropractors “do the same thing” and “adjust the same way”. The fact is, it just isn’t so!triad_235x219.jpg

Read on to learn what sets us apart ....

At Cofrancesco Chiropractic & Healing Arts Center, Dr. Lou and his associates believe that the whole is greater than the sum of all its parts.  Our patient care is directed by the Triad of Health, the physical/structural, chemical, and emotional/mental aspects of your health.

Structural

The foundation of our practice focuses on the Structural/Biomechanical aspect of the human body. We all understand that if the foundation of our home is unbalanced, the doors will not open or close properly, the electrical wiring can become pinched or stressed, the siding can become loose, twisted or warped as the foundation settles.  The frame of our car must be aligned and balanced so that it runs properly without causing undue wear and tear on the tires, driveshaft, ball joints and other joints in your car.  Similarly, the foundation of your body is based upon its structure, your skeleton.  And much like the electrical wiring in your home needs to be free from interference, so does your nervous system, which is responsible for all biochemical actions throughout your body.

Chiropractic care is essential for keeping your structure in balance, your joints freely moving, and your nerve system functioning without interference.  Did you know that only 10% of a nerve is responsible for pain?  That's right, the other 90% of the nerve can be compromised before you feel any pain at all.  The 90% that is not responsible for pain, is responsible for all biochemical processes, like digestion and elimination, reproduction, endocrine system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, brain function, and muscular function just to name a few.

We also provide Massage Therapy, either on its own or as an adjunct to Chiropractic prescribed specifically to facilitate changes in your structure and biomechanics.  Additionally, Bowenwork has proven its ability to reach deep into the structure with just the lightest of touch, correcting balance, and reminding your body that it has the ability to heal itself.

Chemical

The foods we eat, what and how much we drink, the air we breathe, and the supplements we take or don't take, are examples of the Chemical aspect of our health.  Did you know that if you are not eating a diet rich in Magnesium, for example, your muscles will be tired and achy, and they will not recover from exercise well?  This can then affect your joints, and therefore your structure.  Lack of magnesium also inhibits calcium from being properly utilized in your bones.  Lack of magnesium can also cause symptoms of anxiety, tension, and an inability to concentrate, thereby affecting the Mental/Emotional aspect of the triad.

We can help, with diet and supplement suggestions, and referrals to Naturopaths and Integrative Medical Doctors that we use in our practice

Mental/Emotional

Are you stressed?  Are you tired?  Do you dislike your job?  Do you have Teenagers, marital difficulties, past abuse issues, unresolved grief?  Do you have a hard time letting things go, or adopting a "live and let live philosophy?  Do you have chronic pain, or depression?

These are examples of the Mental/Emotional side of the Triad.  In our office, we focus on the Mental/Emotional with every patient.  We love to laugh, and you will hear much laughter in our office!  Hugs are commonplace, too, we love our patients back to health!  Massage is a very healthy form of touch.  Bowenwork also elicits a very deep emotional level to healing.  Reiki, which is a purely energetic, vibrational approach, has a very profound impact on the Mental/Emotional realm.  We can also refer to counselors that we have a relationship with when necessary.

Everything is Everything Else

group_192x222.jpg

As you can see, each side of the Triad profoundly impacts the other side.  There is no "one size fits all" approach to healing.  Each person that walks through our doors brings with them a unique history encompassing all three sides of the Triad.  Each persons response is unique. We have learned that healing is not linear and we are always touched by our patients transformation.

And we don't give up.